Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Grief Brief #18 - Tasks of Mourning

TASKS OF MOURNING (Worden)

1. Accepting the reality of loss
2. Process the pain of loss
3. Adjust to a world without the deceased
a) internally
b) externally
c) spiritually
4. Find an enduring connection with the deceased in your new life without them.

My name is Tracy Renee Lee.  I am a funeral director, author, and freelance writer.  I write books, weekly bereavement articles, and mid-week grief briefs related to understanding and coping with grief.  It is my life's work to comfort the bereaved and help them live on. 

Please follow my blog at http://pushin-up-daisies.blogspot.com/and Twitter account  @PushnUpDaisies,  visit my websitewww.QueenCityFuneralHome.com or read my book “Pushin’ Up Daisies” for additional encouragement and information.