Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Grief Brief 22 - Hallucinations

Both visual and auditory hallucinations are common during bereavement. Although disconcerting to some, others find these experiences to be comforting. The hallucinatory experience is generally transient, occurring within the first few weeks of loss. Hallucinations are not an indication of a more complicated grief experience, nor do they allude to an extended grief experience.

My name is Tracy Renee Lee. I am a funeral director, author and freelance writer. I write books, weekly bereavement articles, and mid-week grief briefs related to understanding and coping with grief. It is my life's work to comfort the bereaved and help them live on.

Please follow my blog at http://pushin-up-daisies.blogspot.com/ and Twitter account @PushnUpDaisies, visit my website www.QueenCityFuneralHome.com or read my book “Pushin’ Up Daisies” for additional encouragement and information.