Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Grief Brief 24 - Anger

Anger is common among the bereaved. It is generally brought on through anxiety, panic and frustration. It is important to properly direct anger at the deceased rather than toward others. Realizing that the absence of your loved one has caused your emotional issues will help you move beyond the anger and develop the necessary skills for recovery. The most dangerous adaptation to intense anger is to turn on oneself. Mourners who inflict their anger on themselves run the risk of developing self-loathing and in more severe cases, may fall prey to suicide.

My name is Tracy Renee Lee. I am a funeral director, author and freelance writer. I write books, weekly articles and brief tips on understanding and coping with grief. It is my life's work to comfort the bereaved and help them live on.

Please follow my blog at http://pushin-up-daisies.blogspot.com/, follow me on Twitter @PushnUpDaisies and visit my website for additional encouragement and information at www.QueenCityFuneralHome.com.