Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Grief Brief 27 - Loneliness

Loneliness is frequently expressed by the bereaved. Especially by those who have lost their spouses. Social loneliness may be curbed through social support. Emotional loneliness however, is brought on by a broken attachment. With such, a new attachment is the only remedy. Certain survivors are unwilling to form new attachments and thereby endure sever loneliness indefinitely. This behavior is more common among the elderly.

My name is Tracy Renee Lee. I am a funeral director, author and freelance writer. I write books, weekly articles and brief tips on understanding and coping with grief. It is my life's work to comfort the bereaved and help them live on.

Please follow my blog at http://pushin-up-daisies.blogspot.com/, follow me on Twitter @PushnUpDaisies and visit my website for additional encouragement and information at www.QueenCityFuneralHome.com.