Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Grief Brief 29 - Helplessness

Widows in particular, experience feelings of helplessness. It is not uncommon for widows to suffer such feelings for an extended period of time. Family and friends pay an important rehabilitative role during this period of insecurity. This role may be minimal as in morale encouragement. It may however, be extensive and require a more hands on approach, leading up to and including daily functional participation.

My name is Tracy Renee Lee. I am a funeral director, author and freelance writer. I write books, weekly articles and brief tips on understanding and coping with grief. It is my life's work to comfort the bereaved and help them live on.

Please follow my blog at http://pushin-up-daisies.blogspot.com/, follow me on Twitter @PushnUpDaisies and visit my website for additional encouragement and information at www.QueenCityFuneralHome.com.