Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Grief Brief 35 - Exercise

Exercise is good for the heart, body and soul.  A 20 to 40 minute aerobic activity results in improvement in the survivor’s state of mind.  A vigorous pumping heart decreases anxiety, lifts the mood and creates a positive experience that persists for several hours.  Psychological benefits associated with exercise are a welcome bonus for the bereaved.  They are comparable to the gains found with standard forms of psychotherapy.  

My name is Tracy Renee Lee.  I am a funeral director, author and freelance writer.  I write books, weekly articles and brief tips on understanding and coping with grief.  It is my life's work to comfort the bereaved and help them live on. 


Please follow my blog at http://pushin-up-daisies.blogspot.com/, follow me on Twitter @PushnUpDaisies and visit my website for additional encouragement and information at www.QueenCityFuneralHome.com.