Monday, June 9, 2014

Grief Brief 42 - Traditions

Traditions are a wonderful tool for grief recovery.  Observing traditions that were once enjoyed with the deceased, helps up accept that they are gone from us physically, yet with us still, through the activities and love we shared together.  Such activities, now traditions, will aid your family by anchoring them securely to their heritage.  Observing traditions stabilizes a family through loss, expansion and changing environments.  


My name is Tracy Renee Lee.  I am a funeral director, author and freelance writer.  I write books, weekly articles and brief tips on understanding and coping with grief.  It is my life's work to comfort the bereaved and help them live on. 


Please follow my blog at http://pushin-up-daisies.blogspot.com/, follow me on Twitter @PushnUpDaisies and visit my website for additional encouragement and information at www.QueenCityFuneralHome.com.