Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Grief Brief 64 - Do not Grieve and Drive

Driving is especially dangerous during the early stages of bereavement.  One’s mind will wander, and suddenly one is where he or she was going, without noticing the drive there.  

It is common for recently bereaved individuals to run traffic lights and stop signs.  Traffic reports indicate an increase in missed turns and traffic accidents during this time as well.  

Be extra careful if you must drive, but it is recommended, that you engage someone else to run your errands for a while.

As one should not drink and drive, neither should one grieve and drive.  The consequences are equally devastating.

My name is Tracy Renee Lee.  I am a funeral director, author and freelance writer.  I write books, weekly articles and brief tips on understanding and coping with grief.  It is my life's work to comfort the bereaved and help them live on. 

Please follow my blog at http://pushin-up-daisies.blogspot.com/, follow me on Twitter @PushnUpDaisies and visit my website for additional encouragement and information at www.QueenCityFuneralHome.com.